Making maintenance data easier to integrate with Shipdex
18 mar 2021 10:00 am GMT
There is increasing demand in the maritime industry to integrate maintenance instructions and data between different companies. The maintenance instructions and data are originally provided by the equipment provider or shipyard, and need to be incorporated into shipping company systems, ideally without any retyping or scanning. The data might want to be further utilised, in spare part purchasing systems, or maintenance planning systems, or maybe as part of augmented reality based maintenance systems.
Shipdex is a non-proprietary standard for producing and then moving maintenance instructions and data from one system to another, based on the S1000D standard used in aero-space and defence sectors.
In this webinar, we look at technical aspects of getting Shipdex working in the maritime industry.
Topics we will cover:
- Which suppliers / yards currently provide information in Shipdex format, which software companies currently support it?
- How can we get more people to use Shipdex standard?
- What can we do about problems with bad data from suppliers?
- How can we better incorporate Shipdex data into condition monitoring systems?
- Will Shipdex be evolving, such as to do standard API integrations, JSO integrations?